Wednesday 11 June 2014

"If you think about it, boobs are just lumps of fat..."

I think the title of this post says it all really...

I've always wanted to have bigger boobs. I was a little bit of a late developer and my thoughts growing up were that having boobs meant you'd become a 'proper woman'. Sounds daft, I know, but I'm sure that I'm not the only girl in the world to have thought this. I've never really been 'flat' chested, but I've always been considerably smaller than all my friends and it used to make me feel quite self conscious, especially when some of them used to point out the fact that I had smaller breasts and make light jokes about it (these people are no longer my friends by the way - anyone who says something that makes you feel self conscious is NOT a real friend). At the age of around 17, I was adamant that I wanted to have a boob job, but now, having one is completely out of the question (and not just because my boyfriend has pretty much forbidden me to have one). After watching numerous episodes of Botched Up Bodies and other various programmes on plastic surgery, I've come to realise just how ludicrous it is... Youre paying £1000s to have your body basically cut open and have plastic stuffed inside of you, followed by weeks of pain! Not to mention the potential health risks that come with it. No thank you!


Instead, I've learned to love my 32Bs! And at 20 years old, I've found that my boobs are still changing all the time. I've even found that there are a few positives to having smaller boobs... I can get away with not wearing a bra with certain dresses and I can lie on my front with little discomfort. When I think about it, having larger breasts just wouldn't suit the body frame that I have. And anyway, there are plenty of good push up bras out there if I ever feel like I need a bit of a boost! I know some women feel they need to have a good rack to get attention from guys, but trust me ladies, that is not the case! If you're getting attention from a guy because of your breasts, they're not the type of guy you want attention from (and they probably have the mental maturity of a 14 year old boy - just, no). 

Women with small breasts wish they were bigger and women with larger breasts wish they were smaller, so think about it, what ever you have, you've got something someone else wants! And essentially, boobs are just lumps of fat. So why is fat in one particular part of your body deemed better than anywhere else? Silly really. Just embrace what you have, the size of your boobs does not make you anymore attractive, and it most certainly does not make you anymore of a woman...

No comments:

Post a Comment