Sunday 26 October 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - Review

I know this isn't my usual type of post, but I've wanted to do a product review for a bit now and after lots of encouragement from some lovely fellow bloggers, I have decided to go for it!


As someone who struggles with dry, very sensitive skin, finding any sort of face product that doesn't give me a reaction can be a rarity. Face wipes are the worst, as even ones that are designed for sensitive skin, can leave me with an unsightly, red, burning skin. They often make my eczema worse too (read my Dealing with Eczema post here). This has led to me giving up of face wipes all together and I now use baby wipes to remove my makeup. Now obviously, this isn't the best way to care for my skin, and can dry my skin out a lot. I know that I should have a proper skin care routine (and my current one isn't doing me any favours) but, I'll hold my hands up and admit that I'm pretty lazy and view cleansing, toning and moisturizing as an absolute chore!


I've seen a couple of reviews on Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water and have been debating for a couple of weeks on whether to try it out myself. I've picked it up and put it back on the shelf a few times, but this week, I finally caved in and decided to give it a go and I'm so glad I did!

What is it?
Garnier have introduced Micellar technology in an all-in-one cleanser. "Micellar cleansing  water is an easy way to remove make-up, soothe and hydrate the face, eye area and lips in one step without rinsing." "Like a magnet, the cleansing agent capture and lift away dirt from the skin."

Pros:
  •  It's hypoallergenic - this is actually what sold it to me and hoorayyy! No reaction!
  • removes make-up and cleanses in one step - perfect for lazy girls like me!
  • It's hydrating - even after the first use, my skin felt nowhere near as dry as normal (and it's been worse recently due to the weather). I've barely had to moisturise at all this week.
  • Gentle enough to use on eyes and lips
  • A lot of product for your money! At £5 for 400ml, Garnier suggests that you can get about 200 uses out of one bottle - loads cheaper than buying make-up wipes!

Cons:
  • It can make your face feel a little sticky after use - this doesn't bother me though, and doesn't last long
  •   I still need to use a wipe to take of my mascara - only because using a wipe is quicker  ( & I always really layer mascara on thick). On days where I'm only wearing a small amount of mascara, it works fine!

The pros farrrrr outweigh the cons and this product is my new favourite! 

I will definitely be buying it again when I run out and would recommend this product to anyone, especially if you have dry, sensitive skin and lazy tendencies like me!
I'll be on the lookout for any similar products and will definitely use Garnier products more from now on too.

Have you tried this product yet? What are your thoughts? x

No comments:

Post a Comment