Monday 9 February 2015

This is why I don't read newspapers...

After seeing a recent tweet showing a a short article in a newspaper, slamming Millie Mackintosh for her 'skinny selfies' that supposedly promote anorexia, I'm sticking my two pence in. If you've read my posts before, you'll know this usually means a rant.


Tweet: So unfair. How dare claim fuels eating disorders by promoting a healthy lifestyle

(Note: I am not ranting about the actual tweet, just the article pictured. This tweet just brought my attention to the article. Things like this are why I don't read newspapers.)

  1. I will always campaign to make sure the term 'skinny' is never used in a derogatory way or that being skinny means that you are unhealthy. Some people are naturally slim. Get over it. Some people are naturally curvy. Get over it. 'Normal' does not mean one body type/shape/weight etc. Normal means ALL healthy bodies.
  2. Millie Macintosh is not promoting anorexia. She is into her fitness and food. She works hard for the figure she has and is clearly proud/confident enough to show it off. Good on her! 
  3. The term 'anorexia' is thrown around far too often, and often used as an insult. It needs to stop. It is a serious mental health condition and I think more education on the subject is needed pronto.
  4. I hate newspapers.
  5. Just because a 'top psychiatrist' was quoted to have said something, it doesn't make it true. It's still only an opinion.
  6. There's nothing wrong with posting a selfie and it doesn't matter what size you are.
  7. If you feel the need to slam someone because of their body shape, then I feel sorry for you. I hope you manage to develop some self confidence soon. And if you put someone down because you think what you are about is better, I hope something widens your narrow mind pronto.
  8.  Most people post selfies. Would you accuse an 'ordinary' person who posts similar style selfies as promoting anorexia? Why does it make it any different if its a celebrity?
  9. Even if someone is a little vain, so what?

Basically, women need to stop insulting other women. If you don't agree with their lifestyle, why do you have to put them down for it? Don't pay it any attention. If you can't say something nice, just don't say anything at all.

I wasn't in the best of moods before I saw the tweet, so I do apologise for the grumpiness of this post, but sometimes, this blog is the only place where I can have a good little rant about things and readers don't seem to mind as much, haha!

Until next time!
Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment