Tuesday 10 June 2014

#instasham


This article in Look magazine (2nd June 2014) sparked my interest and although it's not about body hang ups, it highlights an insecurity amongst women nonetheless. It's never once crossed my mind that I have to prove to my followers on Instagram that my life is interesting. When I do post something, it's usually showing a scenic view, something I'm interested in, or I'm trying to avoid doing something else like uni work, so the statistic shocked me... "53% of us are willing to act differently on Instagram than in real life in order to impress our friends". It made me wonder if any of the pictures I see of people on Instagram (that I get jealous of) are there to just mask any insecurities of the person posting them? Just enjoy life, take pictures for memories, not just for Instagram or the likes...  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment