Saturday 4 October 2014

Spread the love - Compliment others!

Far to many people put others down. But negativity will only ever receive more negativity in return. I've noticed that people tend to put others down more when they're struggling with their own insecurities and are trying to make themselves feel a little better. In realising this, I've learnt to brush off bad comments and ignore them.

Instead ladies, I challenge you to compliment each other more often. Giving a simple, nice comment can brighten anyone's day, including your own! Compliment your friends, family or even a complete stranger! I have a habit (particularly on nights out) of asking another girl where their outfit is from or what makeup they're using, because I think it looks great! They always respond with huge smiles, tell me, and then walk off with their head held a little higher. It's lovely to see.

We need to learn to accept compliments too. We refuse to believe them and will put ourselves down. Hey! They wouldn't say it if they didn't think it was true! Say thank you and allow yourself to have a little confidence boost.

They say smiling is infectious... I think compliments and positivity is too.

:) x

No comments:

Post a Comment