Friday 29 August 2014

The Health Mission

Weighing myself is never a good idea, as I'm never satisfied with the number that I'm shown. After recently weighing myself, I realised that I'd put on nearly half a stone over the last 2 months, eugh. Truth is, I had actually noticed that I'd put on a bit of weight, but was relatively happy for once with my body... my boobs had even gotten bigger (win!) but it wasn't until I weighed myself that I started to feel crappy about myself again. After having a bit of a sulk about it (there was a lot of huffing and puffing whilst prodding and pinching belly fat), I came to the conclusion that weight is just a number and as long as I was happy with myself then what did it matter? But it did bring to my attention just how poorly I was eating; I was always going to put on weight if I was eating 4 pizzas in a week (I don't regret that one bit though btw...). This summer has been full on nights out and late night takeaways, snacks and lounging around in front of the tv and let's be honest, it's just not healthy and probably the cause of my weight gain. Eating crappy food hasn't only affected my weight though; my skin has become oiler and spottier and I feel tired and lazy all the time, with no motivation.

A health kick was in order!



I must stress though that my aim is NOT to lose weight! I just want to feel better in myself.

I don't do diets or calorie counting. I'm a pretty firm believer in that everything is okay for you in moderation. My tactics are to just cut down massively on all the junk food I'm eating (there's no way I'm going to give up pizza completely!). So far, I've tried to mainly drink just water and green tea (maybe have a fizzy drink on the odd occasion), I try to pick the healthier option when it come to meals if there is one, cut down on the amount of snacks I eat (I'm a terrible fridge raider in the evenings) and maybe have a piece of brown toast over a packet of crisp or chocolate. I think the simplest of changes can make a massive difference. I've recently joined the gym too and the feeling you get after a good workout is pretty good too. I'll admit I've not been that often, once a week for an hour is all I have motivation for at the minute and I'll also admit that I've been using the calories I've burned as an excuse to have that extra chocolate...

But so far, I've only stuck to these tactics for about 3 days of the week. Pizza and coke is just far too tempting, my bad.

I've had an idea though... In the next couple of weeks (once I'm back at university and have a routine again) I'm going to really go for it health wise, actually stick to my plan of simple healthy changes and go to the gym a couple of times a week. I'm going to keep a diary of what I've eaten in the day and what exercise I've done and post a weekly update on how I'm feeling and if I feel any better in myself (better energy levels, more motivation, better skin etc). No aim to lose weight (I'm pretty satisfied with myself size wise for the first time in about 4 years) no silly diet plans or living off bird food, no gym plans, just the aim of being happy and healthy, whilst still being able to have the food I love, without any guilt!

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment