Sunday 23 November 2014

Too shy to go to the gym...

This week, I actually need YOUR advice...
Late this summer, I joined the gym. I was full of motivation to get fit, but so far, I've made very little progress. I will hold my hands up and admit that this is partly due to my motivation flying out of the window (being curled up in bed is always going to sound better). But the major reason is that I'm just too shy to go...



I hate the thought of people seeing me whilst I sweat it out while on the bike or treadmill. I always feel really silly when I'm doing leg raises, planks and squats whilst holding dumbbells. I always go to the gym late on at night when I know it's going to be virtually dead and I've yet to go to the gym without my boyfriend. Also, the gym can be quite a male dominated place, which I find to be quite intimidating (especially when you get a group of 17 year old lads that just sit around joking and only lift the odd weight).

I'm not sure what it is that causes me to feel so insecure, especially when I know that everyone else at the gym is there for the exact same reason - to work out and get fit! Am I more insecure about myself than I thought? Where's my confidence gone!? I feel like I'm throwing money away because I'm not going often enough to justify the amount I'm paying for membership, but I don't want to admit defeat and quit. I still want to get fit!

Has anyone else felt like this? Is there any advice that you could give or is it something I need to just 'get over' and stop being silly with?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment